FINAL SPEECH- EDITED

Good Evening everybody!
I will be ungrateful if I do not thank God for bringing me this far. I also want to use this opportunity to thank;
1. The management of SEND SL for the opportunity given me to serve in the capacity as FAM
2. The staff of SEND SL, especially Gumah, Mr. Osman, Lansana and Ann who prepare the way for
me.
3. My Pastor friends: Pastor Songu, Pastor Ken Fullah, Pastor Adu, Rev. Mrs Baihinga
4. And the Family of Mr. and Mrs. Osman Daniel Kamara for making me feel at home in Kailahun.

Greatness starts with being good. “America is not strong because of its security nor their resources. America is great because it’s kind and good” said by President Obama. You cannot be a great leader when you cannot make those you are leading great. An important person is the one who makes others important and a great organization is the one that cares for its employees as much as it cares for its other stakeholders. Greatness begins with goodness...
So for me, my great moments in Kailahun were not when I accomplished my obligatory task as a Manager, rather;
1. When I went out of my way to help someone I know can never repay me the good I did.
2. When those helpless children sees me as somebody they can talk to
3. It is when I go to church and both old and young embrace me
4. It is when Edmond, the little boy in my church said, brother Michael is my father and he will take me to Ghana.

But I must admit that, the Manager’s position is a very lonely place to be. There are times I just need someone to talk to but the very things I wish I could share are people’s secrets and they expect me to keep it as such. Esmond, you may need a big heart to accommodate a lot, big ears to hear and listen, but be slow to speak. My mom once told me that, “a leader squeezes his anus when he is hurting whiles he puts smiles on the face”. And remember also that Tough times never last, but tough people do! That is my favourite quote in life and it is working for me.

Make your profession your passion. For me work is a service unto God and mankind. I remember the story of Ranchhoddas in a movie entitled The 3 Idiots. They have a slogan that always works for them, “All is well”. That guy defies all odds to make it very big in life and he has this to say, “Follow Excellence, Success will chase you pants down”.
I always tell people to dream big and start small. And for me, I dream big, think big, and may be because I have a big head. One of my dreams is that I become one of the richest people on the continent Africa. So if you are here with some small dreams, from here dream again and let it be big time. Because I learnt in life that;
If you think you are defeated, you are, If you think you cannot do it, you can’t. But if you think all things are possible with God, they are.

Theodore Roosevelt said, “It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done it better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming...”
Because of that I am not afraid to fail in anything am doing. If you want to succeed in whatever you do, you must be ready to fail as well. I made lots of mistakes in Kailahun, but the good aspect about life is this; once you succeed in your chosen field most people turn the blind eye on your mistakes. I need nobody to tell me either I am a good or bad person. If you are a bad person you know and the same way if you are a good person you know. All of us have consciences.

The Challenge

The challenge I want to leave you with is this; when you are leaving as am doing today will people cry because you are leaving? Or miss you? Or say very sincere and good things about you? Or the opposite applies? Think about it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE 7 THINGS SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE NEVER SAY

I AM NOT AFRAID TO BE TAGGED